Resources and information from the ASHA Site
Listen To Your Buds is a public education campaign that is aimed at preventing noise-induced hearing loss by helping parents teach their children how to use personal audio technology safely. Learn more.
Polls and Surveys
84% of all parents polled say they are concerned that misuse of personal audio technology is damaging the hearing of children, according to results of an online poll [PDF] commissioned by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
The Buds burst on the scene in Manhattan with two concerts at P.S. 003 Charrette School.
Preventing noise-induced hearing loss by teaching kids to use personal audio technology safely should be a year-round effort. See and share our infographics showing how seasons can heighten safe listening habits, too.
ASHA works with other national organizations to help get the “Buds” safe listening message to parents, educators and children.
- Take the Pledge For Hearing Health
- Protecting Your Children’s Hearing
- Avoid Hearing Loss from New Technologies
- Life with a Hearing Loss
- Warning Signs of Noise Induced Hearing Loss
- ASHA Early Detection Poll Results
- Information for Parents
- Information for Educators
- How the Ear Works (video)
- How Sound Affects the Inner Ear
- Additional Resources & Downloads