SLEA OT Handwriting Success Flyer
Does your child become anxious before/during writing activities?
Does he seem to take longer to complete assignments involving writing?
Have an awkward grasp on her marker?
Are his words illegible or drawing uncontrolled?
If you are looking to supplement your child’s summer activities, our team of occupational therapists have developed a fun, multi-sensory clinic based on the well-known Handwriting Without Tears (HWT) program and other therapeutic frames of reference. Our clinic is designed to assist children who have difficulty with pre-writing, handwriting, and other fine motor skills that affect their performance in school and beyond.
- Letter identification
- Hand separation & strengthening
- Learning to form shapes & letters
- Learning proper pencil grip
- Beginning stages of fine motor control
Learning to Write
- Learn capital & lower case letters using a multi-sensory approach
- Developing good habits for printing including sizing, formation & placement
- Eliminating reversals
- Perfecting pencil grip
- Spacing letters & words
- Developing fluent, legible writing within sentences and/or paragraphs using print or cursive
- Improving fine motor endurance
Learning to form letters & connectors using cursive handwriting
Your child will receive an initial handwriting assessment included in our program, followed by intervention specifically tailored to his/her unique needs.
Please call (818) 788-1003 or email email@example.com to reserve your space or with any questions you may have.
This program is intended for Kindergarten-6th grade students and is available as private or group sessions.
Please send this page or the flyer to any family that might be interested.